- Collecting Information
- Types of Personal Information We May Collect on the Website
We may collect information about your online use of the Website each time you use the Website, such as what kind of information you reviewed, what portions of the Website you visited, how long you spent on the Website, and what information you downloaded.
When you request information from us or seek to download a white paper or similar information from the Website, you may be required to provide us with your name, email address, street address including city, state and zip code, and telephone number. For certain functions or information, you may also be required to choose a username and /or password and provide those to us in order to open an account.
- Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We do not sell or transfer the personally identifiable information of our Website users for the purposes to third parties to allow them to directly market such third party goods or services to the users. We do reserve the right to transfer, disclose or sell user information collected through the Website, including user personally identifiable information, in the event our business, or the business related to the Website, is sold, transferred, merged or acquired, and as set forth in Section 10, the Assignment section below.
- Children’s Privacy and Age Limitations for the Website
The Website is intended for use by persons aged 18 or older, and by your use of this Website, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If we discover or are made aware that we have received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom we otherwise have reason to believe is, under the age of 18, we will use reasonable efforts to delete such information from our systems. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us as provided below. In any such event, a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
Please also see the additional disclosures in Section 7 below captioned “Additional Notices to California Residents — Content Removal Requests for Users Under 18 Years Old”.
Like many websites, the Website uses “cookies”, which are small strings of data placed on users’ personal computer hard drives during the exchange of data that happens when your browser points to our Website. Among other things:
- Cookies enable a website to identify a user’s browser as a previous visitor by means of a unique string of numbers assigned on a previous visit;
- Cookies assist us in collecting information on the pages of our Website that you access or visit, and in recording any preferences you indicate for use on our Website;
- If you are browsing our website, a cookie identifies your browser and Website user ID and internet protocol number of your computer or other access device (but not your personal identity); and
- California Do-Not-Track Disclosure
At this time, the Website is not set up to honor web browser do-not-track settings.
- Additional Notices to California Residents
Information on Marketing Disclosures
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us at OptimumTech, 1300 Marsh Landing Parkway, Suite 105, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Content Removal Requests for Users Under 18 Years Old
- Links to Other Websites
- Your Questions and Concerns
- Additional Notices to European Union Citizens
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Information of European Union Citizens
When processing your personal information, Company may rely on one or more of the following legal bases (or other available legal grounds), depending on the circumstances:
- Legitimate Interests – Company may process your personal information where Company has a legitimate interest in such processing for managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms.
- Consent – Company may process your personal information where Company has obtained your consent to the processing.
- Contractual Necessity – Company may process your personal information where such processing is necessary for connection with any contract that Company has with you.
- Legal Requirements – Company may process your personal information where such processing is required by applicable law.
Disclosures to Third Parties
Company may also disclose any information (including personal information) relating to you to law enforcement authorities or any regulatory or government authority in response to any request including requests in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
Security of Personal Information of European Citizens
Company has policies and technical and organizational measures in place which are intended to safeguard and protect your personal information against unauthorized access, accidental loss, improper use, and disclosure. However, you should be aware that information transmitted over the internet is not completely secure because of the nature of the internet and that systems and measures used to secure information are not flawless. For these reasons, although Company will use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, Company does not warrant the security of personal information transmitted to Company or stored by Company, and personal information that is transmitted to Company by you electronically is done at your own risk.
Retention of Personal Information of European Citizens
Company’s policy is to retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which Company collected such personal information, including for the purposes of satisfying any professional, legal, accounting or reporting requirements to which Company is subject. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, Company considers the scope, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the personal information, the purposes for which Company collected and processed your personal information and whether Company can achieve those purposes through other means, and any applicable legal and professional requirements.
Your Rights as a European Citizen
You have a number of rights concerning your personal information that Company holds and uses, including the following:
- Right of Access – You have the right to be informed about what personal information Company holds about you and to a copy of this personal information.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to have any inaccurate personal information which Company holds about you updated or corrected.
- Right to Erasure – In certain circumstances you may request that Company delete the personal information that Company holds about you.
- Right to Complain – You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information to an applicable governmental or supervisory authority in your country.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – Where processing of personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- Right to Object – Where Company relies on our legitimate interests to process your personal information, you have the right to object to such use and Company is required to discontinue such processing unless Company can demonstrate an overriding legitimate interest in such processing.
- Right to Restriction – You have the right to request that Company stop using your personal information in certain circumstances including if you believe that the personal information Company holds about you is inaccurate or that Company’s use of your personal information is unlawful. If you validly exercise this right, Company will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved.
You may exercise any of the above requests in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also free at any time to request that Company stop using your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting us email@example.com.